Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Poem for Tuesday


The Passage
By Jalaludin Rumi
Translated by E. H. Whinfield


I sought to share
the life of snow
and fire.
But neither
snow nor fire
took me in.
So,
I kept my peace,
waiting like flowers,
staying like stones.
In love I lost
myself.
I broke away
and watched until
I swayed like a wave
between the life
I dreamed and the changing
dream I lived.

--------


We are trying to make plans for next spring given how quickly Kelmscott Manor tours apparently fill up. Has anyone else here ever gone to England with kids? Any suggestions on places to stay inexpensively that are accessible to London-Oxford-Portsmouth, friendly to families and internet-accessible (not rustic cottages)? Can I take kids to Charleston or is the tour too long and boring? How about the V&A: is it as kid-friendly as the Tate and British Museum are? Also, any sites we should be sure not to miss that aren't obvious ones? Particularly anything Arthurian, Tolkien-related, megalithic or concerning seafaring...

Who reads your LJ the most?
LJ Username
Biggest fan sheeplass
This quiz by KwizBiz - Taken 3723 Times.
New - Kwiz.Biz Astrology and Horoscopes

No comments: