Thursday, November 24, 2005

Wish List Meme

Unlocked in case my spouse, my best friend or anyone else happens to be reading and wants to get me a Chanukah present. *g*

STEP ONE

- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fun ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real possible things, make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post so that the holiday joy will spread.

STEP TWO

- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it. Once a wish has been granted, it will be crossed off my list.

You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.

There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.

MY LIST

1. An icon with Snape and Lucius in the closet in GOF instead of Snape and Karkaroff. Looking guilty, preferably. *g*
2. A DVD burner (the kind that can be connected to a VCR or TiVo). I don't really expect anyone to get this for me but I promise you that if I get one, I will be very generous with burning things for my friends! ETA: Thank you various relatives!
3. Plausible Severus Snape/Remus Lupin/Lucius Malfoy fic, totally consensual and with everyone enjoying everyone else. (Not necessarily in dominance order based on the slashes -- Remus/Lucius/Severus is fine for instance. *g*) ETA: Thank you !
4. From the Noble Collection: Snape's wand. Lucius' cane is a lovely but ridiculous fantasy; if anyone really wants to spend $100 on me, please donate it to my camera fund! ETA: Thank you !
5. Speaking of which: a Nikon D50. Will be happy with equivalent SLR Canon, I have just been really happy with my Nikons so all things being equal would rather have the Nikon. ETA: Thank you , my parents, in-laws and other relatives!
6. The missing scene in Post Captain where Jack and Stephen make up.
7. Any Bath & Body Works Brown Sugar & Fig product -- shower gel, body wash, body lotion, hand lotion, perfume spray, candles, etc. (I love their Fresh Vanilla scent too, but their Warm Vanilla Sugar is a little watery for me and I don't like the holiday Vanilla Bean much at all.) ETA: Thank you again , and my mother too!
8. An illustration of a moment from one of my Snupin stories. ETA: Thank you !
9. A silver snake ring. Would be thrilled to find one with a turquoise eye, as turquoise is my birthstone -- blue zircon, blue topaz and azurite are perfectly acceptable substitutes. My ring size is 6 1/2, but if it's only whole sizes I prefer the 7 to the 6.
10. No one can ever go wrong giving me a Tarot deck, even if it's used or not in its original box. There's a list of the ones I want the most here. I also collect decks of playing cards where there's a different animal or lighthouse or mixed drink or dessert on the face of each card. ETA: Thanks and for the Celtic Dragon and Crystal decks!

I feel like the whole meme is kind of tacky, but I am giving someone a wish so I figured I was entitled to post mine, even the outrageous ones. Heh.

No comments: