- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fun ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real possible things, make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it. Once a wish has been granted, it will be crossed off my list.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1. An icon with Snape and Lucius in the closet in GOF instead of Snape and Karkaroff. Looking guilty, preferably. *g*
6. The missing scene in Post Captain where Jack and Stephen make up.
9. A silver snake ring. Would be thrilled to find one with a turquoise eye, as turquoise is my birthstone -- blue zircon, blue topaz and azurite are perfectly acceptable substitutes. My ring size is 6 1/2, but if it's only whole sizes I prefer the 7 to the 6.
10. No one can ever go wrong giving me a Tarot deck, even if it's used or not in its original box. There's a list of the ones I want the most here. I also collect decks of playing cards where there's a different animal or lighthouse or mixed drink or dessert on the face of each card. ETA: Thanks
I feel like the whole meme is kind of tacky, but I am giving someone a wish so I figured I was entitled to post mine, even the outrageous ones. Heh.