Friday, September 03, 2021

Poem for Friday and Fair Bunnies

I started Early – Took my Dog –
By Emily Dickinson

I started Early – Took my Dog –
And visited the Sea –
The Mermaids in the Basement
Came out to look at me –

And Frigates – in the Upper Floor
Extended Hempen Hands –
Presuming Me to be a Mouse –
Aground – upon the Sands –

But no Man moved Me – till the Tide
Went past my simple Shoe –
And past my Apron – and my Belt
And past my Bodice – too –

And made as He would eat me up –
As wholly as a Dew
Upon a Dandelion’s Sleeve –
And then – I started – too –

And He – He followed – close behind –
I felt His Silver Heel
Upon my Ankle – Then My Shoes
Would overflow with Pearl –

Until We met the Solid Town –
No One He seemed to know –
And bowing – with a Mighty look –
At me – The Sea withdrew –

-------- 

My Thursday was somewhat hectic but pretty good. I had my Wednesday chat with my high school friends a day late because I expected to be at the dentist yesterday, but after hearing about everyone's last week of August, I had my first dentist appointment in nearly two years and though they needed the waterboarding scraper and the old fashioned one to clean my teeth, I had no cavities or anything, woohoo! Our cat-sitter stopped by to brush up on everyone's interests and requirements. 

And we went to Giant to get some necessities for the long weekend. We needed the necessities because we are going to the beach on Friday, which I cannot wait to see! The Bay Bridge will probably be slow because we can't leave till lunchtime, but I am relieved that we'll be between hurricanes and very sorry for people dealing with the aftermath of Ida. My Thursday chat didn't happen but we caught up on Stargirl, Lego Masters, and Fantasy Island while doing various pre-travel chores. County fair bunnies: 

2021-08-21 12.40.36

DSCN2067

2021-08-21 12.37.42

DSCN2064A

2021-08-21 12.42.40A

2021-08-21 12.37.23

2021-08-21 12.39.19A

No comments: