Thursday, January 12, 2023

Poem for Thursday and Great Falls

A Minor Bird
By Robert Frost

I have wished a bird would fly away,
And not sing by my house all day;

Have clapped my hands at him from the door
When it seemed as if I could bear no more.

The fault must partly have been in me.
The bird was not to blame for his key.

And of course there must be something wrong
In wanting to silence any song.

-------- 

Wednesday morning started with the plumber coming to fix the pipe that started all the chaos in this house. Now there is a panel off the wall in the basement, but the pipe is fixed and we can start working on the repaneling, the painting, the flooring, and moving some of what's been out of the basement back in. So it will come as no surprise that I spent more time moving CDs into binders and sorting giveaway items for AmVets, who also came today to pick up donations. 

I talked to two of my high school friends at lunchtime and we took another walk at Cabin John Park in the afternoon. Wednesday evening on Disney has been fun during the run of Willow, still a bit derivative but enjoyable, and National Treasure remains ridiculous but having rewatched both movies recently, that's part of the fun of the brand. Plus we finally started watching this season of The Crown, which kind of pales next to Prince Harry interviews. Great Falls last weekend: 

2023-01-08 15.04.29

2023-01-08 14.53.50

2023-01-08 15.13.01A

DSCN3106

2023-01-08 15.32.43

2023-01-08 14.50.11

DSCN3120A  

No comments: