Saturday, September 06, 2003

Poem for Saturday


Nothing Gold Can Stay
By Robert Frost


Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

--------


I take it that everyone who would want to has already seen this picture of Sean Bean from the Troy shoot in Malta with a puppy. I'm linking to it anyway in case the two copies I saved in different folders on my hard drive somehow spontaneously combust.

Have some personal, family shit going on. Don't want to talk about it, don't want sympathy though random spare vibes are always appreciated. But it's making it difficult for me to keep up with my massive Friends list so if I don't comment on something, please don't take it personally.

Had wonderful lunch yesterday with who is going to London practically on a whim (*sobs of envy*), spent lovely evening finishing fic with and harrassing with whom I had the following slightly edited conversation about things we have near our desks:

ycd: I have a miniature monthly LOTR calendar
ycd: Damn, and I have to go turn Legolas
cee: ROFLOL!!!
cee: <--has mental picture of bound & gagged legolas on a spit
ycd: I meant on the calendar! It's still August here
cee: I know you did, it merely engendered that image
ycd: "Boromir, you're right, the lack of meat on this journey has become most distressing. Get the Elf."
cee: *honk*
ycd: Sorry.

Am off to collect my son from Hebrew school and see Lisa Moscatiello who is singing for free at a local bookstore opening. Happy Saturday!

No comments: