Friday, January 30, 2004

Poem for Friday and <a href


chansons innocentes: I
By e.e. cummings


in Just-
spring when the world is mud-
luscious the little
lame balloonman

whistles far and wee

and eddieandbill come
running from marbles and
piracies and it's
spring

when the world is puddle-wonderful

the queer
old balloonman whistles
far and   wee
and bettyandisbel come dancing

from hop-scotch and jump-rope and

it's
spring
and
    the
goat-footed

balloonMan whistles
far
and
wee

--------


It's not just-spring, but I was in the mood for that since the ice is slowly melting. And I don't swear that I've got the punctuation or spacing completely correct, it being cummings.

Friday Five. You have just won one million dollars.
1. Who do you call first?

After my husband? My father's who's an attorney, since I suspect I will need one.
2. What is the first thing you buy for yourself?
Airline tickets to London.
3. What is the first thing you buy for someone else?
Airline tickets for the rest of our extended family so we can all be in one place at one time.
4. Do you give any away? If yes, to whom?
I donate lots to various charities, the ACLU, Planned Parenthood, People for the American Way and whichever Democratic candidate has the best chance of ousting Bush, something of which I'm not certain right now.
5. Do you invest any? If so, how?
I make sure there's enough money in the bank to entirely fund my children's educations at any institution of higher learning they might wish to attend.

Gacked from :


Which Evil Villain Bad Habit are you?


I have things to say but I have been slain by , who led me to this Theban Band art preview of Jack Aubrey and Stephen Maturin. It takes a really long time to load. And oh, it is worth the wait. And it's slash, not for kiddies, though unfortunately you can't see anyone's...yeah. Um. Go look.

And thanks to for pointing out "Gondor Accepted into United Nations".

No comments: