Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Poem for Tuesday


Wind on the Island
By Pablo Neruda


The wind is a horse:
hear how he runs
through the sea, through the sky.

He wants to take me: listen
how he roves the world
to take me far away.

Hide me in your arms
just for this night,
while the rain breaks
against sea and earth
its innumerable mouth.

Listen how the wind
calls to me galloping
to take me far away.

With your brow on my brow,
with your mouth on my mouth,
our bodies tied
to the love that consumes us,
let the wind pass
and not take me away.

Let the wind rush
crowned with foam,
let it call to me and seek me
galloping in the shadow,
while I, sunk
beneath your big eyes,
just for this night
shall rest, my love.

--------


Look! Look! New mood icons! I've wanted a Master and Commander set since I saw the movie, and the wonderful has provided them! Go to her journal for them (the icons are here and she said I could link there, but everyone should go thank her for them).

linked me to Troy In 15 Minutes. I haven't seen the movie but this version has got to be funnier. also linked me to DeathByNearlyNaked!OrlandoBloom, but I am pretending I didn't see that. *g*

Less funny: They Rule, link via , a site that lets you map the network of corporate board members of the largest 100 companies in America. Guess how incestuous?

And from this weekend, by request, ships.


A view from the deck of the USS Constellation -- tall ships, a dragon boat and the Maryland Science Center with the IMAX theater, set to unveil its new wing in a few days.


Another view from the deck of the Constellation -- the old Domino Sugar plant, the Rusty Scupper restaurant, and various ships in the Inner Harbor.


The Chesapeake, the Tossk submarine, the aquarium, the power plant and a piece of the world trade center.


The Pride of Baltimore II and the Constellation, before the former sailed around near the science center.


A retired lightship. We toured one of the coast guard ships several years ago -- before 9/11 -- when it was docked in front of Harborplace. This retired one is officially placed near the trade center, which had big naval blockades in front of it for many months before the more recent heavy wire barricades.

No comments: