Thursday, November 18, 2004

Poem for Thursday


A Poet To His Beloved
By W.B. Yeats


I bring you with reverent hands
The books of my numberless dreams,
White woman that passion has worn
As the tide wears the dove-grey sands,
And with heart more old than the horn
That is brimmed from the pale fire of time:
White woman with numberless dreams,
I bring you my passionate rhyme.

--------


Spent much of yesterday dealing with the orthodontist (we're looking at extractions and more braces for child #2) and with my kids' homework, and today after a few hours' sleep I am going on a field trip with my younger son's class to the Smithsonian, so I need to post quickly tonight. We still have not been told which museum we will be visiting! Forgetting how insane this is for the chaperones, I'm surprised more kids' parents have not demanded to know. I'm suspecting Natural History, based on what they're doing in science, but for all I know I will be trying to keep third graders entertained and well behaved in the National Gallery of Art.

I've nothing of great excitement to report except that Smallville is still the slashiest show on television (that was my laundry-folding TV hour); that has written Spock-Snape crossover fic that is brilliant; that the second graphic in The Onion article "Republicans Call For Privatization Of Next Election" made me howl; and that this is my lightsaber, quiz courtesy :


HASH(0x8835194)
Your Lightsaber is Blue

Blue is often associated with depth and stability.
It symbolizes trust, loyalty, wisdom,
confidence, and truth.

What Colored Lightsaber Would You Have?
brought to you by Quizilla



I do need to squee about Smallville a little more, partly because a couple of nights ago I actually had a dream in which Harry and Draco were playing Clark and Lex. Think about it, this makes perfect sense -- Lionel and Lucius have so much in common. Clark is so jealous when he hears finds out Lex is a womanizer! Even before he knows Lex is the screw 'em and sneak out sort, he is miserable at the very idea that Lex would have mindless sex with a stranger. He is so upset that Lex lied to him, and particularly freaked out that Lex likes mindless sex!

Then Chloe gets Clark to roleplay being Lex, and Clark gets so excited...does anyone actually believe that this is over fake making out with Chloe, rather than over imagining Lex making out in an elevator and acting it out? Poor Clark. Can't he see that Lex is in despair over him and using those women as a distraction? Lex can! He begs Clark not to give up on him! I am so in the mood for some good denial!fic right now. I keep wanting to stop time on this series before there's a real rift, which there hasn't been yet no matter what anyone's said -- theirs is still by far the most emotional, passionate bond of anyone on the series, with the occasional exception of Lionel and Lex -- and who else shrieked when Lionel speculated that Lex was looking for his mother in all those women he slept with? Lionel is my kind of perv.


So I shall combine two memes here:
1. When did you first "friend" me?
2. Why did you first "friend" me?
3. What posts of mine do you like to read the best?
4. What would you like me to write about that I don't?
5. Do you think we would be friends in real life?
6. How often do you read my journal?
7. What do we have in common?
8. Will you post this in your journal so I can answer?
9. Is there anything you want to ask me that you think you should know about me to avoid the impersonality of the internet that I have not already covered in some TMI post or other?
Feel free to answer as many or as few as you like. *g*


Ladybug at the Visitor's Center, Great Falls

No comments: