Saturday, October 14, 2017

Poem for Saturday and Stealthy Cats

The Search
By Shel Silverstein

I went to find the pot of gold
That's waiting where the rainbow ends.
I searched and searched and searched and searched
And searched and searched, and then --
There it was, deep in the grass,
Under an old and twisty bough.
It's mine, it's mine, it's mine at last...
What do I search for now?

--------

Apart from coughing, I had a very nice Friday that was mostly occupied with my friend Annmarie's retirement from the Army -- ceremony at Fort Belvoir followed by reception and cake in the morning, dinner party at her house in the evening, with many of her friends including one from San Diego whom we haven't seen in several years. But Flickr tried very hard to stop me from uploading photos tonight while we caught up on the first episode of The Gifted, and now I am very tired! Here are three photos of Annmarie's cats and a fourth of a neighbor's cat who snuck out and tried to hide in the storm drain:

17anri4

17anri1

17anri3

17anri2

No comments: