Saturday, August 01, 2020

Poem for Saturday and Pesky Squirrels

The Squirrel
By John B. Tabb

Who combs you, little Squirrel?
And do you twist and twirl
When some one puts the papers on
To keep your tail in curl?

And must you see the dentist
For every tooth you break?
And are you apt from eating nuts
To get the stomach-ache?

--------

My Friday was pretty good for quarantine era. I slept late, I got a couple of household items and did a bit of organizing, I had a lunchtime chat with two of my three best friends from high school, then we ate the leftover Ethiopian food for lunch. It rained a bit in the afternoon but we went for a walk in the drizzle and saw some bunnies.

We just watched the NT Live production of The Deep Blue Sea with Helen McCrory, which has excellent performances though there are aspects of the script that seem very dated. (I have never seen the movie, do I need to see Weisz and Hiddleston as much as Wilton and Firth?) Here are some of the squirrels who've been driving our cats crazy this summer:

DSCN9467

2020-07-25 14.53.23

2020-07-27 15.29.33

2020-07-30 11.58.56

DSCN9480

DSCN9472

DSCN9482

No comments: