Thursday, January 18, 2024

Poem for Wednesday and Space Needle in Glass

Little Matrons 
By Su Hwang 

slumped in the crook of a nook, bereft
of lullabies and apple pie, playing duck duck
goose with my mind to find the smallest child
nested inside another then another until I
ring around the rosie back to myself. This
recess is cold. It’s like everyone vamoosed
to get to America first. Hello, what if we didn’t
want to go? All that’s left is an echo and a
banshee I hardly know. Some people say
hypnosis or past life regression therapy may
help, but I locked this chamber for a reason.
Ate the key. What is the shape of memory
that needs to be forgotten? Yet a voice keeps
calling: Let me out, let me out, let me out, let me

-------- 

I had a social Wednesday online -- talked to my high school friends for two hours in the morning, ate lunch, then watched two episodes of WandaVision with Kristen in the afternoon. After that, we walked to the park in the rain that fell for most of the day, though that did not deter both eagles, several mallards, a few geese, and a group of wigeons hanging out in the chill. The clouds broke to show us some sunset color on the way home. 

We had Meati carne asada for dinner, which we've never had before and it may be the best grocery store packaged vegan food I've had. Then we watched several White Collar episodes around me running around looking for yet another package that was reported delivered yet wasn't here -- turned out it was in the neighborhood lockbox, only the box wasn't locked and I was never given the key. The Space Needle from Chihuly Garden & Glass:

2023-12-31 15.45.29

2023-12-31 15.36.39

2023-12-31 16.43.28

2023-12-31 15.46.49

2023-12-31 16.43.41

2023-12-31 15.28.30

2023-12-31 15.35.55

No comments: