Saturday, February 07, 2004

Poem for Saturday


Carrowmore
By Lucie Brock-Broido


All about Carrowmore the lambs
Were blotched blue, belonging.

They were waiting for carnage or
Snuff. This is why they are born

To begin with, to end.
Ruminants do not frighten

At anything--gorge in the soil, butcher
Noise, the mere graze of predators.

All about Carrowmore
The rain quells for three days.

I remember how cold I was, the botched
Job of traveling. And just so.

Wherever I went I came with me.
She buried her bone barrette

In the ground's woolly shaft.
A tear of her hair, an old gift

To the burnt other who went
First. My thick braid, my ornament--

My belonging I
Remember how cold I will be.

--------


Oops. Heh. Forgot to post. This morning one son had Hebrew school and the other had a friend over, and this afternoon we have promised to take them to get valentines for the parties on Friday, and we need laundry detergent, so it will be an Unexciting Chore Day. But at least I will leave the house.

I think I gacked this from ...it is fairly accurate, though I am often an ENFJ instead...

Extroverted (E) 64.71% Introverted (I) 35.29%
Imaginative (N) 80.65% Realistic (S) 19.35%
Emotional (F) 60.53% Intellectual (T) 39.47%
Easygoing (P) 67.65% Organized (J) 32.35
Your type is: ENFP
You are an Inspirer, possible professions include - conference planner, speech pathologist, HR development trainer, ombudsman, clergy, journalist, newscaster, career counselor, housing director, character actor, marketing consultant, musician/composer, artist, information-graphics designer, human resource manager, merchandise planner, advertising account manager, dietitian/nutritionist, speech pathologist, massage therapist, editor/art director.

Take Free Career Inventory Personality Test

Quotes like this rock my world: "Paul Bettany won best actor at the Evening Standard British Film awards, which were shown here last night. He said: 'Thanks to my leading ladies, Helena Bonham-Carter, Olivia Williams and Russell Crowe.'"

Yay, Connelly and Bettany are making another movie together! Reuters says they're doing a film called American Pastoral in which Evan Rachel Wood plays a revolutionary terrorist ruining her parents' perfect life. Phillip Noyce of Patriot Games is directing.

Gacked from , because one can never have too much information about one's personal hereafter, even when the various quiz results contradict one another:


Are you damned
Brought to you by Rum and Monkey

Though you are leaving this life in God's grace, you haven't quite been able to stop youself from sinning. Our God is an angry God, and requires that you serve your time in limbo before you pass through the pearly gates. Some theologians believe that while you are resting here you won't know that eventually you will reach heaven, causing terrible doubts and hopeless speculation. Good luck.


And a comment on the Odysseus-in-Troy pics on Bean Daily: GGGGGGUUUUUUUHHHHHHHH.

No comments: