Thursday, February 16, 2012

Poem for Thursday and Cat Trauma

Amaze
By Adelaide Crapsey

I know
Not these my hands
And yet I think there was
A woman like me once had hands
Like these.

--------

I do not have a lot to report from my Wednesday -- did work, folded laundry watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer, saw deer in the woods eating what appear to be daffodil leaves that are already sprouting. However, my cats had a very traumatic day, due not only to our new vacuum cleaner but also to the box in which it arrived:















We were going to watch Downton Abbey, having missed it Sunday due to the Grammys, but it isn't on demand yet and it reruns on Thursday, so we put that off a day and watched Nature's excellent episode on the Himalayas, then a Nova episode on extreme cave diving in the Bahamas, then Cave People of the Himalaya, which reinforced the general "I never, ever want to climb in the Himalayas or go spelunking" theme of the evening.

No comments: