Friday, May 03, 2013

Poem for Friday and Riverbend in Bloom

Dust If You Must
By Rose Milligan

Dust if you must, but wouldn’t it be better
To paint a picture, or write a letter,
Bake a cake, or plant a seed?
Ponder the difference between want and need.

Dust if you must, but there is not much time
With rivers to swim and mountains to climb!
Music to hear, and books to read,
Friends to cherish and life to lead.

Dust if you must, but the world’s out there
With the sun in your eyes, the wind in your hair,
A flutter of snow, a shower of rain.
This day will not come round again.

Dust if you must, but bear in mind,
Old age will come and it’s not kind.
And when you go, and go you must,
You, yourself, will make more dust.

--------

I had ten million things to catch up on that required the use of the internet on Thursday...so of course Comcast was down from about 10 a.m. to sometime in the mid-afternoon -- I don't know exactly when because I gave up and went out for frozen yogurt and some wandering in the mall with my mother. Before that, I unpacked, did laundry, and shifted the clothes in my closet for summer, since I had trouble getting to the dress I wore to the dinner at the Lutheran Theological Seminary on Tuesday night. I was good at the mall; all I bought was a portable phone charger and my mom got me an Icing bracelet on sale for $2.

In Awesome Thursday TV, Gabe finally got some good stuff to do on Beauty and the Beast instead of being a gratuitous obstacle for Catherine to work around (I love having him on the show, I love the diversity of the regulars and the way friendships and teamwork are explored, but he needed better things to do than vigilante obsession). And since I love pretty much everything about Joan Watson and they've owed us Sherlock backstory for weeks, the awesome Oscar-winning guest star was just gravy on Elementary! Here are some photos from Riverbend Park a few weeks ago when there were bluebells in Fairfax (Philly still has some):
















No comments: