Saturday, September 02, 2017

Poem for Saturday, San Luis Obispo, Pokemon Raikou

The Cat And The Moon
By William Butler Yeats

The cat went here and there
And the moon spun round like a top,
And the nearest kin of the moon,
The creeping cat, looked up.
Black Minnaloushe stared at the moon,
For, wander and wail as he would,
The pure cold light in the sky
Troubled his animal blood.
Minnaloushe runs in the grass
Lifting his delicate feet.
Do you dance, Minnaloushe, do you dance?
When two close kindred meet.
What better than call a dance?
Maybe the moon may learn,
Tired of that courtly fashion,
A new dance turn.
Minnaloushe creeps through the grass
From moonlit place to place,
The sacred moon overhead
Has taken a new phase.
Does Minnaloushe know that his pupils
Will pass from change to change,
And that from round to crescent,
From crescent to round they range?
Minnaloushe creeps through the grass
Alone, important and wise,
And lifts to the changing moon
His changing eyes.

--------

I heard that their might be Raikou raids on Friday morning, so I got up early to go to one before I had to start doing work. At the mall, my Pokemon Go app refused even to open correctly and I had to delete and reinstall it, missing the raid completely, but then I went to the park near my parents' house with a group of eight people and caught Raikou on the first throw! Alice and Avery came over in the late morning and we went to another raid near Potomac Village and we won the gym battle, though none of us caught the Raikou.

Alice, Avery and I had lunch at Vie de France in Potomac Village and stopped in Rite Aid, then came back to my house and watched most of Pokemon Heroes: Latios and Latias, which I know I saw back in the day but did not remember at all. After they went home, I worked on some things and repurposed a bracelet that was too big for me. Paul came home early because of the holiday, we went to my parents' for dinner, and we've spent most of the evening watching the Navy and Wisconsin games. The Mission at San Luis Obispo:

17slob19

17slob18

17slob13

17slob16

17slob15

17slob12

17slob14

17slob17

No comments: