Thursday, September 14, 2017

Poem for Thursday, Toulouse Architecture, Paris Can Wait

Toulouse
By Joan Bodon
Translated by A.Z. Foreman

So, why Toulouse at night?
A long shriek through the air...
The woman with big breasts
In the long street out there.

I will cross the canal:
Clamença awaits me there!... 
But I won't find the house,
Or the room of yesteryear.

Who'll speak with me of love?
So many teeth chipped, weak...
Colorful ladies' dresses
And all the hands that seek...

The last Count Raymond's fall...
Montmorency's last stand...
They'll think I'm nuts. My story
They will not understand.

So why Toulouse at night?
The faucet and the sponge,
The woman with big breasts
Sitting on a chaise lounge. 

--------

My Wednesday was mostly uneventful, as I had boring chores and stuff in the morning, though I did get an EX raid pass for a Pokemon Go raid on Friday evening so that was very exciting! I went for a walk in the park and saw lots of animals there and near home -- squirrels, chipmunks, a bunny, a toad, a praying mantis. Paul had dinner at work because they were having a company event, so I had dinner alone, but then our neighbor Rose stopped by to visit me and the cats. When Paul got home, we watched Inspector Morse.

Then, since the Nationals were losing, I subjected both of us to Paris Can Wait, mostly because I wanted to see the road trip from Cannes through Provence and all the food Diane Lane gets to eat. It's a fairly harmless comedy about a very rich white American woman and an only slightly less rich Frenchman who toy with the idea of having a minor flirtation while enjoying spending money on their travels, and they go to Pont-du-Gard and churches. It made me nostalgic for southern France, so here is some Toulouse architecture from this spring:

17tolu33

17tolu32

17tolu29

17tolu34

17tolu31

17tolu30

17tolu27

17tolu26

No comments: