Thursday, February 15, 2018

Poem for Thursday and Yuri on Ice Valentine

Amoretti: Sonnet XXX
By Edmund Spenser

My love is lyke to yse, and I to fyre;
  how comes it then that this her cold so great
  is not dissolu'd through my so hot desyre,
  but harder growes the more I her intreat?
Or how comes it that my exceeding heat
  is not delayd by her hart frosen cold:
  but that I burne much more in boyling sweat,
  and feel my flames augmented manifold?
What more miraculous thing may be told
  that fire which all things melts, should harden yse:
  and yse which is congeald with sencelesse cold,
  should kindle fyre by wonderfull deuyse.
Such is the powre of love in gentle mind,
  that it can alter all the course of kynd.

--------

My Valentine's Day started with two Rayquaza raids in Cabin John Park and a Kyogre raid at Starbucks, followed by lunch with raiding friends (we were joking that others might be looking for love but we were looking for Luvdiscs). So I got some exercise and some bagels, then came home and did work for a few hours before I got distracted talking to Deborah and Emma on the phone. I saw the horrible news about the Florida shooting and just have no words, since no one wants to listen to the obvious solution to mass shootings.

Paul took me to Not Your Average Joe's for dinner, because I love their goat cheese and raspberry salad, and gave me the card below plus a deck of Yuri on Ice playing cards, chocolate, and a necklace with Thor and Loki-colored Swarovski crystals. We tried to watch the pairs skating long program though NBC only wanted to show the top five couples and made us sit through a lot of time-wasters about weather problems affecting the giant slalom instead, but I love the top three couples and the married American pair, so it's all good.

yuri1s1

yuri1s2

yuri2s

yuri4st

No comments: