Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Poem for Wednesday and Mardi Gras

Skiing
By Marchette Chute

I'm very good at skiing.
I have a kind of knack
For I can do it frontways
And also on my back.
And when I reach the bottom
I give a sudden flop
And dig myself in sideways
And that's how I stop.

--------

I had a nice Mardi Gras -- work, bagel lunch with a friend, a walk in the park, quality time with my cats while watching the Olympics, Paul made gumbo for dinner, we watched Shaun White's triumph and the pairs short program. I'm sure there are other things I could say but it's nearly midnight! Happy Valentine's Day if you're celebrating it, have a meaningful Ash Wednesday if you're observing that, enjoy getting ready for Lupercalia and the Lunar New Year if you observe either one!

18mardi4

18mardi3

18mardi2

18mardi1

No comments: