Wednesday, May 07, 2003

Poem for Wednesday and <lj comm


The Clasp
By Sharon Olds


She was four, he was one, it was raining, we had colds,
we had been in the apartment two weeks straight,
I grabbed her to keep her from shoving him over on his
face, again, and when I had her wrist
in my grasp I compressed it, fiercely, for a couple
of seconds, to make an impression on her,
to hurt her, our beloved firstborn, I even almost
savored the stinging sensation of the squeezing, the
expression, into her, of my anger,
"Never, never again," the righteous
chant accompanying the clasp. It happened very
fast -- grab, crush, crush,
crush, release -- and at the first extra
force, she swung her head, as if checking
who this was, and looked at me,
and saw me -- yes, this was her mom,
her mom was doing this. Her dark,
deeply open eyes took me
in, she knew me, in the shock of the moment
she learned me. This was her mother, one of the
two whom she most loved, the two
who loved her most, near the source of love
was this.

--------


: "Gambol". Oh my god, I wrote Lionel/Martha.

Daily dose of angst:
' "Not To Be" -- 006/007 angst.
's "Path of Thorns" -- Aragorn/Boromir angst.
And more angst!

HASH(0x84044c0)
You are "4am" by Our Lady Peace. You've
gone through your life without showing much
emotion, giving off an impression that many
people have disliked. Youv'e blown it off until
now, but have suddenly realized that something
isn't right, and desparately want to find a way
to make it right. Unfortunately, time is
running out for this. You're upset about your
past, yet not willing to completely open up to
someone after your years of apathy.
Which song representing Lucius Malfoy are you?
('Harry Potter' based quiz)

brought to you by Quizilla

No comments: