Saturday, May 06, 2017

Poem for Saturday, Gaithersburg Goslings, The Shawshank Redemption

All Nature Has A Feeling
By John Clare

All nature has a feeling: woods, fields, brooks
Are life eternal: and in silence they
Speak happiness beyond the reach of books;
There's nothing mortal in them; their decay
Is the green life of change; to pass away
And come again in blooms revivified.
Its birth was heaven, eternal it its stay,
And with the sun and moon shall still abide
Beneath their day and night and heaven wide.

--------

Because I still can't sit and the steroids are making me hyper -- and because it's May now -- Paul and I went to Lake Whetstone after lunch to see whether the goose eggs had hatched. They have, and we saw at least 34 goslings (we lost count!) plus a lot of older geese, turtles, red-winged blackbirds, songbirds, and at least one heron. In our own neighborhood we saw a frog in the neighbor's front yard fish point and a bunny lounging on a hillside, so it was a very animal-happy day to be out walking. I took lots of photos but tonight I'm sharing lots of baby geese!

17lkwt7

17lkwt4

17lkwt2

17lkwt1

17lkwt3

17lkwt8

17lkwt5

17lkwt6

We came home to feed the cats and wash up, then had dinner with my parents, where we Skyped with Daniel since he got off work early -- his entire division at work was taken to see Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, then sent home early, so nice start to his weekend -- and I ate compulsively, which I'm told is also a side effect of this medication. Still not sure my back will let me see the movie this month since I can't sit! We just spent the evening with me standing while watching The Shawshank Redemption, which we had actually never seen, and it's as great as its reputation.

No comments: