Tuesday, August 08, 2017

Poem for Tuesday, Viceroy's House, Brandywine Zoo

In The Summer
By Nizar Qabbani
Translated by B. Frangieh And C. Brown

In the summer
I stretch out on the shore
And think of you
Had I told the sea
What I felt for you,
It would have left its shores,
Its shells,
Its fish,
And followed me.

--------

Cheryl came over on Monday in terrible rain that made her drive here miserable, but we had a really good day when she got here -- lunch at Cava, the final episodes of Robin of Sherwood, and a preview screener from a British friend of Viceroy's House (which has some historical problems but is well acted and makes an attempt to be fair to all sides in explaining the partition of India).

Then, because we were in the mood for another early 20th century British period piece and hadn't watched it in a year, we put on The King's Speech. Oh shut up, not a single moment of that movie ever gets old. After Cheryl had to go home, I had dinner with my family and we all caught up on Will. Here are photos from the Brandywine Zoo which we visited with Cheryl in August three years ago, including their Aldabra tortoise Maximus:
















No comments: