Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Poem for Wednesday, Blindspot, Walters Museum Faberge

I Loved You Once
By Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
Translated by Madeleine Edgar

I loved you once, nor can this heart be quiet;
For it would seem that love still lingers there;
But do not you be further troubled by it;
I would in no wise hurt you, oh, my dear.

I loved you without hope, a mute offender;
What jealous pangs, what shy despairs I knew!
A love as deep as this, as true, as tender,
God grant another may yet offer you.

--------

Adam is back in the U.S., though I have not seen him yet because his plane landed in Newark and he is taking an overnight bus to the D.C. area! And Daniel is back at work in Seattle, though he discovered he left some computer stuff here so I went to the post office to mail them back to him. This was fortuitous, as the post office is next to the mall, and when I went to see if any of my friends were raiding the Pokemon at the gym there, I got to see several people I haven't talked to in person since before Christmas and my friend Mel and I went out to lunch after we caught Groudon.

I still have not organized all the things left over from having Daniel here, and I'm trying to decide how much of Adam's stuff to clean up for him versus how much to leave where he left it before he gets home; I could ask him, but right now we're discussing President Winfrey over Messenger instead. Paul and I just caught up on four episodes of Blindspot so we're ready for the new season. From the Walters Art Museum's Faberge exhibit, here are some items owned and commissioned by the Russian royal family:

17wltr18

17wltr13

17wltr16

17wltr20

17wltr14

17wltr19

17wltr17

17wltr15

No comments: