Thursday, August 17, 2023

Poem for Wednesday and Bridle Trails

Judy Blume at Prayer
By Jory Mickelson

Hello God, it’s me
Margaret. Hello
Margaret, it’s me
Mick. Hello
says God, hello
Margaret and Mick.
Hello says God
and because I am
omniscient, hello
reader too. Let me
confess, Mick says,
I’ve lied, I am
not Margaret sorry.
It’s okay
says God, all is
forgiven if you
are sincere. Sorry
God too I am not
you, says Mick,
and you are
not, I’ve written
all your lines.
Reader, I repent
too because I am
not even a speaker
in this poem.

-------- 

Once again, it was 98 degrees in the Seattle area, and I am melting and spent less than 15 minutes outside during daylight hours. The high points of my Wednesday were getting our new mattress delivered in the morning, chatting with two of my high school friends before lunch, watching the second half of Thor: Ragnarok and all the Team Darryl shorts with Kristen in the afternoon, and seeing someone steal home in the evening -- unfortunately it was someone on the Padres, contributing to their win over the Orioles, but I've never seen it happen before so it was exciting. 

My evening also involved the early innings of the Guardians game, while Syndergaard was pitching, and some of the Mariners game, but my really fun entertainment was Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret, which was on a big sale on Vudu, and I have been waiting patiently for that. I don't remember letter and verse of the book (Sylvia wasn't at the big family fight over religion, was she?) but I thoroughly enjoyed the film, especially Abby Ryder Fortson, Rachel McAdams, and Kathy Bates (who managed to play a Jew without a prosthetic nose, Bradley Cooper). Hiking at Bridle Trails State Park: 

2023-08-13 11.55.39

2023-08-13 12.09.09

2023-08-13 11.35.35

2023-08-13 12.14.01

2023-08-13 12.00.12

2023-08-13 12.12.26

2023-08-13 12.31.43

No comments: