Tuesday, December 16, 2003

Poem for Tuesday


Before the Snake
By Nathaniel Tarn


Sitting, facing the sun, eyes closed. I can hear the
sun. I can hear the bird life all around for miles.
It flies through us and around us, it takes up all
space, as if we were not there, as if we had never
interrupted this place. The birds move diorami-
cally through our heads, from ear to ear. What
are they doing, singing in this luminous fall. It is
marvelous to be so alone, the two of us, in this
garden desert. Forgotten, but remembering
ourselves as no one will ever remember us. The
space between the trees, the bare ground-sand
between them, you can see the land's skin which
is so much home. We cannot buy or sell this
marvelous day. I can hear the sun and, within
the sun, the wind which comes out of the world's
lungs from immeasurable depth; we catch only
a distant echo. Beyond the birds there are per-
sons carrying their names like great weights.
Just think: carrying X your whole life, or Y, or Z.
Carrying all that A and B and C around with you,
having to be A all the time, B, or C. Here you can
be the sun, the pine, the bird. You can be the
breathing. I can tell you, I think this may be
Eden. I think it is.

--------


So I started reading my Friends list, and ran into the Leaving For Trilogy Tuesday people and the Mad They Don't Have Tickets For Trilogy Tuesday people and the Waiting Frantically For Tomorrow people and the Not Seeing It For Two Weeks And Don't Care people and the Damn Why Do I Have To Live In A Country Without A December 17th Opening people and the Spoil Me people and the Spoil Me And You Die people and the Oh God It Can't Be Good Enough people and the Oh God It Will Be Too Much people and...I concluded that I need to take today off. Completely.

Will be out doing holiday chores and buying Aubrey/Maturin novels (though I can't even concentrate on the fanfic at the moment) and having lunch with , as I did yesterday, because we decided that The Sum Of Us and Velvet Goldmine and maybe even A Walk on the Moon are good distractions for not getting overly distracted.

Gacked most recently from whom I will be a-squeezing:

My LiveJournal 12 Days
My True Love gave to me...
12 ashinaes a-chuckling.
11 beckyos a-skating.
10 cara_chapels a-falling.
9 filegs a-typing.
8 gblvrs a-hugging.
7 jenwritess a-sleeping.
6 ldybastets a-piping.
5 platinum milochkas.
4 commenting perkypaduans.
3 Austrian twinkledrus.
2 turkey vertigo66s.
And a zasjah in a apple tree.
Get gifts! Username:
Another fun meme brought to you by rfreebern.



And I've no idea why I took this quiz, gacked from , because I don't read, write or think about Snarry. But I liked the result anyway.


Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye
"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye."
You like to take it slow, build a foundation for a
plausible and successful relationship before
truly starting into the romance. You prefer to
see each wall come down in a methodic and
steady manner than for it all to crumble at
once, making them completely dependant on one
another. Angst, friendship, and a strong
relationship are common in your favourite
stories.
href="http://quizilla.com/users/jelly-bean/quizzes/What%20Snarry-applicable%20Quote%20Are%20You%3F/"> What Snarry-applicable Quote Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla

No comments: