By William Shakespeare
Who will believe my verse in time to come,
If it were fill'd with your most high deserts?
Though yet, heaven knows, it is but as a tomb
Which hides your life and shows not half your parts.
If I could write the beauty of your eyes
And in fresh numbers number all your graces,
The age to come would say 'This poet lies:
Such heavenly touches ne'er touch'd earthly faces.'
So should my papers yellow'd with their age
Be scorn'd like old men of less truth than tongue,
And your true rights be term'd a poet's rage
And stretched metre of an antique song:
But were some child of yours alive that time,
You should live twice; in it and in my rhyme.
Happy Birthday Will. Many, many thanks for everything. Also Happy Birthday
1. What type of fannish interaction do you prefer: conventions, smaller in-person gatherings, mailing lists, newsgroups, blogs/journals, IRC?
Ideally very small in-person gatherings with my best fannish friends. But have done all of the above, and in order, would prefer smaller in-person gatherings, blogs/journals, conventions (when local and affordable), mailing lists, IRC and newsgroups.
2. Are you always upset when your show gets canceled or have you ever been (not so) secretly relieved?
Ever since La Femme Nikita came back from cancellation with the worst conclusion ever, and X-Files ran itself into the ground, and Voyager ran three years past my ability to love or even like it, I have been very relieved when shows got cancelled.
3. Do you find icons an integral part of lj'ing or would you be just as happy with one icon as with fifty?
I scoffed at people when they first started letting people have 50 icons. Now I have 50. *g* Though I can easily live with ten, or five, or three, and just archive ones I no longer use. I wish I had more ability to muck with the mood theme, which I think I would find more expressive if it were more personal to me.
4. Do you prefer to read fanfic in zines or online?
If zines were free, I'd say zines, but since they never have been, I cannot praise online fic enough and am so grateful for it. And really, since I can download it to my Palm, it is actually more convenient in some ways than in zines.
5. Do you consider yourself FIAWOL* (fandom is a way of life) or FIJAGDH* (fandom is just a goddamn hobby)?
FIAWOL, though I have periods when I GAFIAte and say FIJAGDH.
Because men do not get any cuter than this.