Friday, April 30, 2004

Poem for Friday


My Sweet, Crushed Angel
By Hafiz


You have not danced so badly, my dear,
Trying to hold hands with the Beautiful One.

You have waltzed with great style,
My sweet, crushed angel,
To have ever neared God's heart at all.

Our Partner is notoriously difficult to follow,
And even His best musicians are not always easy
To hear.

So what if the music has stopped for a while.

So what
If the price of admission to the Divine
Is out of reach tonight.

So what, my dear,
If you do not have the ante to gamble for Real Love.

The mind and the body are famous
For holding the heart ransom,

But Hafiz knows the Beloved's eternal habits.

Have patience,

For He will not be able to resist your longing
For Long.

You have not danced so badly, my dear,
Trying to kiss the Beautiful One.

You have actually waltzed with tremendous style,
O my sweet,
O my sweet crushed angel.

--------


The above poem swiped from . It's the last day of poetry month and I am quite sorry. I hope other people will keep posting poems periodically!

: Alternate Universe 5
1. AUs: yes please or what's the point?

Yes please in some cases, when it really makes me think about the characters and who they'd be in a different setting, though when I run across RPF I wonder why the writer didn't simply change the names and write the story as original fiction with those actors "playing" the characters instead.
2. What's the best AU you've read?
's "Five Things That Never Happened To Aubrey and Maturin, Part Five...The World Turned Upside Down."
3. What's the worst AU you've read?
It involved the Voyager crew in Earth's past and Janeway being a virgin. 'Nuff said.
4. How would you like to see your fandom altered that you haven't seen yet?
I don't tend to think that way or I'd probably write it. For me the interest tends to be working around the edges of canon, not overhauling it.
5. What AU worked that you never would have expected?
There've been a couple where Aragorn took the Ring and siezed the throne of Gondor that surprised me, because I don't like darkfic and I certainly don't like evil!Aragorn. And yet it was instructive to see him fall as an ordinary man.

1. Go into your LJ's archives.
2. Find your 23rd post (or closest to).
3. Find the fifth sentence (or closest to).
4. Post the text of the sentence in your blog along with these instructions.
I'm not sure whether Katie Holmes is the worst screen kisser in the history of television or if she just doesn't like kissing the regulars on DC, but she always looked like she thought Jack and Pacey might give her cooties and her kisses with Dawson in the season premiere...let's just say I shared Television Without Pity's sense that it would be less painful to tear my eyeballs out than keep watching.
Oh my god, I hit a post about Dawson's Creek. *blush* Am running out the door to have blood drawn. Whose bright idea was it to do fasting blood work at 11? :p If I do not pass out, I should be home, and ravenous, in a little while.

No comments: