Friday, September 27, 2013

Poem for Friday and Family Birthday

Sweet and Low, Sweet and Low
By Alfred Lord Tennyson

Sweet and low, sweet and low,
   Wind of the western sea,
Low, low, breathe and blow,
   Wind of the western sea!
Over the rolling waters go,
Come from the dying moon, and blow,
   Blow him again to me;
While my little one, while my pretty one, sleeps.

Sleep and rest, sleep and rest,
   Father will come to thee soon;
Rest, rest, on mother's breast,
   Father will come to thee soon;
Father will come to his babe in the nest,
Silver sails all out of the west
   Under the silver moon:
Sleep, my little one, sleep, my pretty one, sleep.

--------

Quickie because we got home late from visiting Daniel, along with both sets of grandparents, to celebrate his birthday -- the big 20. It was not an eventful day for me otherwise, anyway; some work, quick trip to the mall to return earrings from yesterday, CVS to get laundry filters while the coupon was still good, then early walk and shower to get to College Park when Adam got home from cross country practice.

We met Paul's parents at Daniel's apartment and went to Mamma Lucia, having concluded that it was the easiest place for all of us to eat (some vegetarian, some dietary-restricted, no Barilla) -- I had pumpkin ravioli, it was delicious. Then we went back to his apartment for the two cookie cakes (one by Paul>, one bought by my mom). Now we have all met all four of the suite-mates! And we made it home in time for most of Elementary.












No comments: