Thursday, June 12, 2003

Afternoon Nonsense

Am back from my absolutely divine lunch with and who are both beautiful, fascinating women and I am so envious that they managed to be in the same family! We met at the Bilbo Baggins Restaurant in Old Town Alexandria. I haven't been there since I was in high school...and we were originally going to meet someplace else entirely, but once I remembered that it was there, I decided that meeting there was really an inevitability. And now that I have had Bilbo Baggins desserts -- mine was "Lord of the Rings," which involved layers of white and dark chocolate cake with raspberry compote and white chocolate icing -- I am moving to the Shire. Unfortunately the web site doesn't seem to have a photo of the art murals around the upstairs of the restaurant...

And I arrived home, after a bit of Father's Day shopping, to a phone call from the school principal telling me that my younger son had gotten an impromptu haircut in art class by a friend. Fortunately his hair is generally so messy that you can't see it. Much. Plus my husband barely missed being involved in an 18-car pileup on I-270, resulting from the thunderstorm that hit with a fury right as he left work this evening (hence my inability to be online until now).

So all in all it has been a good day, though I must now work tonight since I have gotten nothing done thus far! And I have to feed my kids! Eep!

You are Brighid, a triple goddess. Her elements are fire and water. In her maiden aspect she presides over poetry and inspiration. In her mother aspect she presides over healing.
You are Brighid.
href="http://quizilla.com/users/TragicPixie/quizzes/What%20Celtic%20Goddess%20Are%20You%3F/"> What Celtic Goddess Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla

No comments: