Saturday, June 07, 2003

Poem for Saturday


Floating
By Kenneth Rexroth


Our canoe idles in the idling current
Of the tree and vine and rush enclosed
Backwater of a torpid midwestern stream;
Revolves slowly, and lodges in the glutted
Waterlilies. We are tired of paddling.
All afternoon we have climbed the weak current,
Up dim meanders, through woods and pastures,
Past muddy fords where the strong smell of cattle
Lay thick across the water; singing the songs
Of perfect, habitual motion; ski songs,

Nightherding songs, songs of the capstan walk,
The levee, and the roll of the voyageurs.
Tired of motion, of the rhythms of motion,
Tired of the sweet play of our interwoven strength,
We lie in each other's arms and let the palps
Of waterlily leaf and petal hold back
All motion in the heat thickened, drowsing air.
Sing to me softly, Westron Wynde, Ah the Syghes,
Mon coeur se recommend à vous, Phoebi Claro;
Sing the wandering erotic melodies
Of men and women gone seven hundred years,
Softly, your mouth close to my cheek.
Let our thighs lie entangled on the cushions,
Let your breasts in their thin cover
Hang pendant against my naked arms and throat;
Let your odorous hair fall across our eyes;
Kiss me with those subtle, melodic lips.
As I undress you, your pupils are black, wet,
Immense, and your skin ivory and humid.
Move softly, move hardly at all, part your thighs,
Take me slowly while our gnawing lips
Fumble against the humming blood in our throats.
Move softly, do not move at all, but hold me,
Deep, still, deep within you, while time slides away,
As the river slides beyond this lily bed,
And the thieving moments fuse and disappear
In our mortal, timeless flesh.

--------


I would just like to send big hugs and gratitude to and for sending me stuff yesterday that made a huge difference in my mental state, even if I was too busy whining here to remember to thank them properly. This is why I go so insane without cable...I can't even stay in contact with the people who make my day when my day is shitty!

Today my son's class is having an end-of-year pool party. Thus is it pouring rain outside and there is a flood watch in effect. What does one wear to a non-pool party? And after that I have to get ready for my own son's birthday party tomorrow, and write three articles since I got only one done yesterday due to my cable woes. I am endeavoring not to say "arrgh" again.

I can't help it, I needed to know. (Remus! I'm here, waiting...) Is there something wrong with me if I correct the spelling in these quiz results before I post them?

dark arts
You excel at Defense Against the Dark Arts. Which
is really good because who knows when you'll
run into that disgruntled troll or banshee going
through menopause.
href="http://quizilla.com/users/NimueMage/quizzes/Which%20Class%20at%20Hogwarts%20Would%20You%20Excel%20at%3F/"> Which Class at Hogwarts Would You Excel at?
brought to you by href="http://quizilla.com">Quizilla

No comments: