Wednesday, August 13, 2003

Poem for Wednesday and <lj comm


Astrophel and Stella XXXI
By Philip Sidney


With how sad steps, O Moon, thou climb'st the skies!
How silently, and with how wan a face!
What, may it be that even in heav'nly place
That busy archer his sharp arrows tries!
Sure, if that long-with love-acquainted eyes
Can judge of love, thou feel'st a lover's case,
I read it in thy looks; thy languish'd grace
To me, that feel the like, thy state descries.
Then, ev'n of fellowship, O Moon, tell me,
Is constant love deem'd there but want of wit?
Are beauties there as proud as here they be?
Do they above love to be lov'd, and yet
Those lovers scorn whom that love doth possess?
Do they call virtue there ungratefulness?

--------


: Ruse, for the blackout challenge.

I have about 30 pieces of mail to answer, 20 LJ comments to respond to and two stories to beta. And my kids are home, and it's raining, and guess what they said they wanted to do today if it was raining and we couldn't go swimming or play miniature golf? Go see Pirates of the Caribbean again. So I am making the great *snerk* sacrifice and taking them to the movies. Will get back to everyone as soon as I can!

Discovered via . But I don't want to be a princess, I want to be Mulan!

Jasmine
You are Jasmine from Aladdin!
What Disney Princess are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

No comments: