Wednesday, August 13, 2003

POTC Take Two

It's still pretty silly. There are still plot holes I could toss a chest of gold through. But I actually think I liked it even better this time around. The sense of FUN is just incredible. How do movies like Attack of the Clones manage to be so thoroughly NOT-FUN? Everything about Pirates of the Caribbean screams of fun -- not just the actors and the extras, but the costumes, the hair, the hats, the sets, the lighting...it's pure unadulterated pleasure. More so than Finding Nemo which is about to eclipse The Lion King as the most ridiculously overrated Disney movie of all time. Having sat through a number of Serious Movies With Meaningful Plots recently, I have no qualms about admitting how pleased I am with POTC.

Line from a joke e-mail my father sent me: "Now that food has replaced sex in my life, I can't even get into my own pants." HOWL! In other news, when children eat a lot of popcorn at 3 p.m. they do not eat dinner. And bears...well, you know.

I owe everyone a decent photo but could not resist this quiz, gacked from who has a delightful amount of S/R fic on his site. And speaking of HP, everyone go read 's Lucius/Severus story that I betaed line by line, "Taboo"!

Sleepy
I am a sleepy folded & creased kitty
Which sleepy kitty would you be?
brought to you by Quizilla

No comments: