Wednesday, August 20, 2003

Poem for Wednesday

Orchestra
By Nina Cassian


Climbing the scales three octaves at a time,
I search for you among the high notes where
the tender flute resides. But where are your
sweet eyelashes? Not there.

Then I descend among the sunlit brasses--
their funnels glistening like fountain tips.
I let them splash me with their streaming gold,
but I can't find your lips.

Then daring ever deeper I explore
the depths the elemental strings command.
Their bows will not create a miracle
without your stroking hand.

The orchestra is still. The score is blank.
Cold as a slide rule the brasses, strings, and flute.
Sonorous lover, when will you return?
The orchestra is mute.

--------

I've posted this before but I like it...discovered it in the Poet's Choice column and saved it.


Creepy-good Dead Zone this week, end of the world with a side of commonplace suburban adultery and murder. Is this it until January? How frustrating!

My parents are taking my kids to Hershey, for amusement park rides, trains and chocolate, so I must go get them organized. But first, discovered via and really too amusing not to share:

My LiveJournal Sitcom
cruisedirector at the lake (TNN, 9:00): cruisedirector (Sharon Stone) accidentally throws away trektoday (Billy Crudup)'s end table. Later, brenantrim (Carrie Fisher) hits on beckyo (Jane Krakowski)'s co-worker. The week after, divineway (Milla Jovovich) eats heathcee (Patricia Arquette)'s raspberry cheesecake. On the other side of town, cortese (Tom Waits) and ashinae (Catherine Zeta-Jones) build a shed at a hotel. The next day, dellastarr (Ralph Fiennes) and keelywolfe (Jane Fonda) sneak a cookie into a party. (Part 1 of 2.)
What's Your LiveJournal Sitcom? (by rfreebern)

No comments: