Sunday, August 10, 2003

Real Update

There are red leaves on the maple. Signs of fall before summer has truly arrived. Not that I am complaining -- Washington's usual summers are beastly, and for some reason London seems to be getting our weather this year instead -- but it will be strange when school starts in a couple of weeks and I feel like I missed the summer here entirely.

Some of this is tripe, but I was still amused by this Aish.com article parallelling Orthodox Judaism and the world of Harry Potter.

I am not bothering to learn my afterlife, my LOTR actor dream date or my HP fandom fate, but I discovered this via and really liked it:

Past

Ehwaz - Abrupt changes, moving into new home and environment, travel, swift change in situation.

Present

Lagaz - Intuition, imagination, success in studies, creativity, vitality and passion (especially for women).

Future

Neid - Need, desire, fulfilling those needs, love and sex magick, motivation created by distress.

Cast the runes here: Rune Caster



Below is where we went yesterday. We weren't headed there -- we were headed downtown to the Capital Children's Museum via the George Washington Parkway, which was inexplicably closed, as were large sections of I-495 and Route 123. So we took the road of least resistance, so to speak, to Great Falls, Virginia and climbed the rocks along the Potomac...which would have been easier had my son and I been wearing sneakers rather than open shoes for walking downtown, but what can you do!


Great Falls from the Virginia Side


Now we are going downtown to the Civil War festival at the National Museum of American History. Report on that tonight.

No comments: