Saturday, November 01, 2003

Barbie Meta-spam

My Friends are doing this quiz. And, okay, fine, it's better than lactating:

Exotic Dancer
You're Exotic Dancer Barbie. You have some moves,
and will do anything for a few bucks. Take it
off girl, but keep it PG-13 please.
If You Were A Barbie, Which Messed Up Version Would You Be?
brought to you by Quizilla


Let's get serious! I'm already out of the closet as a shameless Barbie fan, so I might as well say...if I were Barbie I would not waste my time being fucked up. I'd be fabulous!

GuinevereScullyArwen
Elizabeth IMorgan Le FayGlinda


ETA: I own all of these but the Aragorn and Arwen set which I have on order. I also own Star Trek Barbie and Ken (who started the horror of my Barbie collecting as an adult, though I still have a Twist N' Turn in very good condition from childhood), the entire Wizard of Oz set, the retro Hollywood set, Fairy of the Forest and Fairy of the Garden, Mann's Chinese Theatre Barbie, a couple of holiday Barbies that I picked up very inexpensively after the holidays were over, an L.A. Dodgers Barbie, a retro red-haired bridal Barbie, Barbie as Glenn Close as Cruella Da Vil and a few others. I've never spent more than $50 on a doll and I've turned a lot over on eBay (Flamingo Barbie, Whispering Wind Barbie) that I bought on sale and sold so I could buy Barbies I really wanted.

And unfriend me if you must, but let me just add that it's too bad that Cher was marketed as "Cher" rather than "Barbie as Cher" even though she has Barbie's body, or her picture would be up there too.

My uncle tells me that there's a spread on The Return of the King in the New York Times Magazine tomorrow! Squee! Anyone want to scan and post it?

No comments: