Wednesday, November 05, 2003

Today

...it is absurdly warm for a November day, and absurdly beautiful for a November day, and leaves are dripping off the trees, and since the ground is wet from this morning's rain and the odious leaf-sweeping crews have not come through our oak-lined neighborhood, the whole world smells like fall in the woods.

And I met my mother for lunch, and she bought me the ROTK Visual Companion, and I bought myself the weapons and warfare book because I could not resist the photos, and we bought my kids the photo guide. And I had coconut curry soup, and life is good.

Also, for reasons known only to themselves, Pocket Books, which did NOT send me the one Trek book I wanted to review this year -- the Voyager companion -- has sent me two copies of Ilsa Bick's Well of Souls, the Rachel Garrett novel. Trekkers, if you want the duplicate, send me your address. Plus, if anyone would like the novelizations of the two Tomb Raider movies, a collection of novels based on video games or -- and why they sent me this I will NEVER know -- one of those Christian end-of-the-world novels, drop me a note.

Swiped from , who got the same answer...

Like 'Mad Eye' Moody you're paranoid, suspicious, untrusting, intelligent, brave, determined, and clever.
Like 'Mad Eye' Moody you're paranoid, suspicious, untrusting, intelligent, brave, determined, and clever. As long as you don't get too paranoid you should be quite the successful auror. Dark wizards beware!

Do you have what it takes to be an Auror?
made by Neysa


Oh, and happy birthday !

No comments: