Thursday, November 27, 2003

Thanksgiving

Am back from dinner and very, very full. My mother-in-law has a horrible head cold, so my in-laws didn't come and it was just my parents, my sister, her husband and their three daughters, and us. The kids get along very well but they are very loud together and it was somewhat chaotic. I should be in a better mood than I am. I mean, I'm grateful for so many things I'm not going to try to spew them out in a meme, but I think I talk about most of them here regularly. When we got there the kids were all watching Finding Nemo and then playing hide and seek in the basement. Then we ate, I did gimp with my eldest niece and talked with my sister and brother in law about movies and took pictures of the kids. I suppose it was low-key, though five kids under ten in a house is never really low-key! And now I am drugged on tryptophan and a miniscule amout of red wine.

I have concluded that eating Thanksgiving leftovers is a mistake. Because all I could think about while eating this year's turkey was how godawful last year's turkey was on the third day, and I couldn't really enjoy it. I shall go count my blessings and find something to read instead of focusing on this!

No cheating needed, go me! Gacked from Shieldmaidenelf:

Stephen Maturin
Stephen Maturin ~ Ships surgeon, yes, but also an
intelligence agent with cunning and skill that
remains hidden beneath your innocent naturalist
exterior until you need to employ them. While
you are often out of place or misunderstood at
times, your friends treasure you for your
knowledge and skill. Your fight against
tyranny is fought with the power of words and
intelligence, sometimes delivering blows more
bitter than cannons and muskets.
Which Patrick OBrian character from The Far Side Of The World are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

No comments: