Friday, November 07, 2003

Poem for Friday and <a href


Spirit that Form'd this Scene
By Walt Whitman


Spirit that form'd this scene,
These tumbled rock-piles grim and red,
These reckless heaven-ambitious peaks,
These gorges, turbulent-clear streams, this naked freshness,

These formless wild arrays, for reasons of their own,
I know thee, savage spirit--we have communed together,
Mine too such wild arrays, for reasons of their own;
Was't charged against my chants they had forgotten art?
To fuse within themselves its rules precise and delicatesse?
The lyrist's measur'd beat, the wrought-out temple's
      grace--column and polish'd arch forgot?
But thou that revelest here--spirit that form'd this scene,
They have remember'd thee.

--------


Friday Five

1. What food do you like that most people hate?

I don't know if there's anything I like that most people hate, but I like very spicy food, particularly Indian or Ethiopian, which some of my friends will not share with me.

2. What food do you hate that most people love?
Strong green vegetables -- broccoli, asparagus, etc.

3. What famous person, whom many people may find attractive, is most unappealing to you?
Just about all the guys under 30, particularly those in bands.

4. What famous person, whom many people may find unappealing, do you find attractive?
Just about all the women over 50 -- Anjelica Huston, Louise Fletcher, Glenn Close before she had her face surgically removed and stretched.

5. What popular trend baffles you?
*points to above* Plastic surgery to look like a potentially younger but nearly unrecognizable person.



1. What is your favorite science fiction film?
I should say Star Wars if I'm being perfectly honest, but in terms of the film that made me think the most, it's probably Spielberg's A.I.

2. What is your favorite, if you have one, chick flick?
Sheesh. Does Ever After count? Beaches (which I have never made it through) and Terms of Endearment are two of my least favorite films ever.

3. What is your favorite buddy film?
Thelma and Louise. Heh.

4. What is your favorite B movie -- you know it isn't good, but you adore it anyway?
The Prophecy.

5) What is your favorite lame film? For this purpose lame is defined as: a film that would have been good except for one nagging thing, i.e. it was well acted and written but it was a cliched plot or it was a good film, but it came out at the wrong time for it so it didn't work.
Woody Allen's Shadows and Fog. It came out at the height of the scandal, it was esoteric, it was anachronistic, and it was brilliant.


View From My Porch At Start of Storm Yesterday


Am I the only person on Livejournal who 1) cannot imagine why in hell anyone needs 50 icons and 2) finds Viggo Mortensen in eyeliner, glitter and fake fur hideous beyond words?

No comments: