Sunday, August 05, 2012

Poem for Sunday, Butterflies Alive, Iron Man 2

Over Hill, Over Dale (A Midsummer Night's Dream, Act II, Scene I)
By William Shakespeare

Over hill, over dale,
Thorough bush, thorough brier,
Over park, over pale,
Thorough flood, thorough fire,
I do wander every where,
Swifter than the moon's sphere;
And I serve the fairy queen,
To dew her orbs upon the green:
The cowslips tall her pensioners be;
In their gold coats spots you see;
Those be rubies, fairy favours,
In those freckles live their savours:
I must go seek some dew-drops here
And hang a pearl in every cowslip's ear.
Farewell, thou lob of spirits: I'll be gone;
Our queen and all her elves come here anon.

--------

We spent Saturday making sure we had everything we needed for the beach -- food store, CVS, gas, etc. Plus we stopped at the library to pick up some things we had on reserve, and I walked into the permanent book sale they have to benefit the library system and found Marge Piercy's City of Darkness, City of Light (the French Revolution novel), a hardcover first edition, for $1. Autographed by Piercy, whose Woman on the Edge of Time is in my top 10 forever; I wrote part of my M.A. thesis on it. I feel sort of badly because if the library had wanted to do they could have sold it for 50 times what I paid for it, so I shall just have to buy more books next time I am there.

A friend of Adam's went out to Subway with him, then came back here to do AP English summer homework with him, which involved reading several essays that apparently bored them both to hysteria because they were reading aloud from them making snide comments. The rest of us watched Iron Man 2, which I avoided when it was in the theaters because I hated the first one so much, but I liked Avengers enough to figure I'd watch Natasha and ignore Tony Stark, and I did like all the Avengers connections. And the bird. Here are a few more photos from Butterflies Alive at Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens:















No comments: