Wednesday, November 04, 2015

Poem for Wednesday, Limitless, Winterthur Tiffany

I envy seas whereon he rides
By Emily Dickinson

I envy seas whereon he rides,
  I envy spokes of wheels
Of chariots that him convey,
  I envy speechless hills

That gaze upon his journey;
  How easy all can see
What is forbidden utterly
  As heaven, unto me!

I envy nests of sparrows
  That dot his distant eaves,
The wealthy fly upon his pane,
  The happy, happy leaves

That just abroad his window
  Have summer’s leave to be,
The earrings of Pizarro
  Could not obtain for me.

I envy light that wakes him,
  And bells that boldly ring
To tell him it is noon abroad,—
  Myself his noon could bring,

Yet interdict my blossom
  And abrogate my bee,
Lest noon in everlasting night
  Drop Gabriel and me.

--------

Our parking lot is STILL not finished! This is really not an inconvenience for me, since the weather was insanely gorgeous on Tuesday -- nearly 75 degrees and clear -- so walking to the car and walking home with bags from Giant and CVS was really not a hardship, but we have a number of people in the development with mobility issues for whom not being able to park near home has been a big problem (and we have not received mail for two days, meaning anyone needing pills etc. delivered has had problems too). I just figured we should make the best of it so we walked under the leaves and enjoyed only hearing crickets, not cars.

Otherwise it was not an eventful day. I had to fold laundry, so we caught up on Thursday's Heroes Reborn, which I am enjoying, and Blindspot, which should be letting the women interact more instead of being all about their feeeeelings. It was a great TV evening, though, with Agents of SHIELD really surprising me with a twist for the first time since the first season, and Limitless, which finally achieved real greatness with a Ferris Bueller-themed episode that made utter sense and was hilarious even as really serious shit was going down. Well done! Here is some of the glory of the Tiffany Studios exhibit at Winterthur:
















1 comment:

littlereview said...

We saw the Tiffany at Winterthur and the Nightscape light show at Longwood the same day, plus the leaves in the gardens, so there was a lot of gorgeous!