Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Poem for Tuesday


Life: CVII
By Emily Dickinson


The reticent volcano keeps
  His never slumbering plan;
Confided are his projects pink
  To no precarious man.

If nature will not tell the tale
  Jehovah told to her,
Can human nature not survive
  Without a listener?

Admonished by her buckled lips
  Let every babbler be.
The only secret people keep
  Is Immortality.

--------


Poem in honor of Mount St. Helens, even if it's not really about a volcano. Am in a better mood today, thanks; I need to talk to my doctor about my TMI female problems, I think. It's getting worse every month.

Picspam by request. People who wanted autumn leaves: can you wait till this weekend? Our neighborhood has only just begun to turn and they aren't so impressive, but at the end of next week we are making our annual trip to Washington Monument State Park and Gathland, where the color ought to be much more lovely. More to come later, though, , I don't have a driveway!


wanted "something eeny tiny." Here are cards from the smallest Tarot deck I own, bought from a dollhouse manufacturer.


also wanted "the most peaceful, zen place in your house." Everyone who has ever seen my house is now laughing hysterically at the concept that such a place could exist. But this is the spot just below my side of the bed where I sometimes sit and read with the door shut if I want to be left alone.


wanted my favorite shoes. Here they are. I thought about using my pink bedroom slippers, but that wouldn't, you know, be shoes.


Now everyone on my friends list can feel good about themselves, because also wanted the kitchen sink. Here it is, just as it looked when I got the request. Bet yours is cleaner than mine.


wanted a pretty flower and wanted a red flower. This is a project my son made for me in nursery school (it's hanging from the ceiling in my bedroom, hence the dust; my lens has a better reach than my broom).


amd wanted Jack, Stephen or Maximus. It is entirely possible that they meant squirrels or a groundhog, in which case I shall post those later. But here is Jack on the box for the Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World game with the little ships and wooden dice and playing cloth.


asked for "scenery perhaps just an image that makes you want to crawl inside and just relax." Here's a photo of a postcard of Thomas Kinkade's "The End of A Perfect Day #4."

No comments: