Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Poem for Tuesday


My First Love Story
By Jalaluddin Rumi
Translated by Coleman Barks


The minute I heard my first love story
I started looking for you,
not knowing how blind that was.

Lovers don't finally meet somewhere.
They are in each other all along.

--------


For a terrible week, Monday was not a particularly terrible day. Did some holiday shopping. Had wonderful Indian food with the wonderful who brought me holiday cards and last week's Boston Legal two-parter. *bows and kisses her feet* Wrote an article about Star Trek Online full of incomprehensible acronyms about the MMORPG's RTS style and PVP matches that is sure to earn me mail from gamers telling me how ignorant I am. Did some catch-up with , and on various matters. Became Public Enemy No. 1 for forcing my children to work on magnet school application essays when they wanted to play. Had spectacular sex with Alan Rickman. Discovered that the Bush administration is about to be portrayed in a cartoon showing them as they really are: elementary school bullies.


Cattails and trees beneath a winter sky at Huntley Meadows Park in Virginia.


The Canadian geese were unfazed by the weather...


...since the ones here don't migrate, as they can eat plants in the wetlands nearly all year.


This heron was sticking around, too.


We did not see any of the beavers who built the dams that created the wetlands, but we saw evidence that they had been around quite recently.


And, since it was late in the afternoon when we were leaving, we managed to see deer!


They weren't terribly interested in us, but if they stuck around given how loudly younger son was talking, they could not have been terribly afraid of humans.






You are cordially invited to the wedding of

cruisedirector
~and~
Justin Timberlake
March 26, 2010 at 10 pm
Location: The nude beach
'What will your wedding invitation look like?'
(QuizGalaxy.com)


Heroes really rocked, even though every time I was thinking, "Wow, this is good!" I was reminding myself of all the ways in which it was likely to follow the X-Files - La Femme Nikita - Lost pattern and outstay its usefulness and blow apart its own mythology. I think it's the first time I got a really good look at Santiago Cabrera without the glassy eyes or the druggie demeanor, and I had a huge moment of OMGIWANTTHATFORCHANUKAH! This is the first time in a very long time I've watched a show with a huge ensemble cast where I have really liked every single storyline and there wasn't one that made me want to run screaming into the kitchen for ice cream or something.

I really want Claire's dad to be a good guy, but I am really intrigued by the idea of him as someone who becomes a villain because he thinks he's protecting his own. Is he really doing it all for her? Or does he know about the threat to the world? I'm confused whether he can resist various superpowers himself or whether it's the people he surrounds himself with, and whoo that they aren't listening to him! He totally sucks taking Zach away from Claire. And I love Peter's madness -- his fantasy brother versus the real one. Mr. Bennett thinks Sylar has gone mad from absorbing too many people's powers but I'm starting to worry about Peter in that regard. I really hope he doesn't end up being responsible for the end of the world or having to die to prevent it! Does he get that firestarter guy's powers or what?

No comments: