Thursday, September 27, 2007

Corporate Idiocy

Dear Verizon, Thank you for letting us know about the existence of Txt4Choice by blocking pro-choice text messages requested by users. (I see that you quickly reversed yourselves after reviewing your "dusty internal policy" aiming to protect subscribers from unwanted messages.) You still claim to block messages from any group "that seeks to promote an agenda or distribute content that may be seen as controversial or unsavory to any of our users"? Helpful to know. I assume that means I had better not count on you to deliver sex catalogues, and you will be blocking the Republican Party? Anyway, next time you try to lure me away from T-Mobile, I'll remember to stay with my current plan. In the meantime, I am pleased to know that I can now get NARAL messages via text...something NARAL itself had somehow failed to mention on its e-mail list.

No comments: