Wednesday, April 09, 2008

F&$K YOU, SHE'S AWESOME!

From Killabeez first, I think, though all over now:

So I was adding some new interests to my LJ profile and found myself feeling defensive every time I typed a female name, thinking, basically, FUCK YOU, SHE'S AWESOME, because I felt as if someone somewhere was going to be criticizing my love for them. So, anyway, then I made a list of women who make me want to say FUCK YOU, SHE'S AWESOME. They are far from the only women who are awesome, or the only women people need to be told to step off of, but they are the top ten I feel that way about, right now, off the top of my head. If you want to argue with me about the awesomeness of any of these women, I am afraid I will simply be referring you to the subject line. THAT IS ALL.

No way in hell could I limit myself to ten. By fandom:

- Nyota Uhura (Star Trek)
- Kira Nerys, Jadzia Dax, Kai Winn (Deep Space Nine)
- Deanna Troi, Katherine Pulaski, Tasha Yar, Ro Laren, Beverly Crusher (The Next Generation)
- T'Pol, Hoshi Sato (Enterprise)
- Kathryn Janeway, B'Elanna Torres, Kes; NOT Seven of Nine (Voyager)
- Jessica Devlin (Shark)
- Shirley Schmidt, Denise Bauer, Bethany Horowitz (Boston Legal)
- Joey Potter, Jen Lindley, Evelyn Ryan, Gail Leery, Andie McPhee, Bessie Potter, Audrey Liddell (Dawson's Creek)
- Elizabeth Swann (Pirates of the Caribbean)
- Sarah Jane Smith, Rose Tyler, Martha Jones, Donna Noble, Gwen Cooper, Toshiko Sato (Doctor Who/Torchwood)
- Xena, Gabrielle, Ephiny, Minya, Nebula, Morrigan, pretty much every female in that fandom (Xena/Hercules)
- Nikita, Madeline (La Femme Nikita)
- Hermione Granger, Minerva McGonagall, Molly Weasley, Luna Lovegood, Narcissa Malfoy; NOT Ginny Weasley, Lily Evans (Harry Potter)
- Eowyn of Rohan, Arwen Undomiel (The Lord of the Rings)
- Princess Leia Organa, Padme Amidala (Star Wars)
- Elizabeth Weir, Teyla Emmagan, Samantha Carter (Stargate: Atlantis)
- Buffy, Willow, Tara, Faith, Dawn, Anya; NOT Cordelia (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
- Molly Anne Caffrey (Threshold)
- Claudia Jean "CJ" Cregg, Abbey Bartlet, Donna Moss, Deborah Fiderer, Annabeth Schott (The West Wing)
- McKenzie Allen, Rebecca Calloway, Kate Allen (Commander in Chief)
- Rose Caffee, Eileen Caffee, Mary Rose Caffee (Brotherhood)
- Atia, Servilia (Rome)
- Helena, Maya, Sandra (Space: 1999)
- Beka, Rommie, Trance (Andromeda)
- Max Guevara, Original Cindy McEachin (Dark Angel)
- Chloe Sullivan, Lois Lane, Martha Kent; NOT Lana Lang (Smallville)
- Claire, Niki, Angela, Simone (Heroes)
- Emma Peel, Catherine Gale (The Avengers)
- Amanda Darieux, Cassandra, Tessa Noel, Anne Lindsey (Highlander)
- Teresa Moreno; NOT Jane Gibbons (Sharpe)
- Baylin, Aura, Dale (Flash Gordon)
- Sydney Bloom, Nora Bloom (VR.5)
- Sheba (old Battlestar Galactica)
- D'Anna Biers, Sharon Valerii, Laura Roslin -- though nearly disqualified over abortion ruling (new Battlestar Galactica)

No comments: