Saturday, October 01, 2016

Poem for Saturday, The Raven, Great Falls

Calling
By Matsuo Basho

In the mountain village,
who are you calling, yobuko-bird?
I thought you lived alone.

--------

I'm still trying to catch up from travel and I had a lot of work to get done on Friday, most of which got done -- at least the important things like my review of Voyager's "The Raven" got posted. Also, we made it to Rite Aid, CVS, and Giant on the way home from Great Falls, where we went for a walk in the drizzle to see how high the river was after all the rain the day before (and before the hurricane that may arrive next week):

















We came home for dinner, then Maddy decided she wanted to bake cookies for an early morning work meeting while listening to Into the Woods, so I convinced her instead of playing the music to watch the movie, which I hadn't seen since it was new. She really dislikes Chris Pine in it, whereas I think he's fine as well as Anna and Emily, but Meryl is no Bernadette and as much as I like James Corden, nobody can compete with Mandy Patinkin.

No comments: