Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Poem for Wednesday, X-Men First Class, Virginia Renfaire

I Love the Hour Just Before
By Todd Boss

a party. Everybody
at home getting
ready. Pulling
on boots, fixing
their hair, planning
what to say if
she's there, picking
a pluckier lipstick,
rehearsing a joke
with a stickpin
in it, doing
the last minute
fumbling one does
before leaving for
the night like
tying up the dog or
turning on the yard
light. I like to think
of them driving,
finding their way
in the dark, taking
this left, that right,
while I light candles,
start the music softly
seething. Everything
waiting. Even
the wine barely
breathing.

--------

Tuesday was a chore day, though not a bad one -- Adam didn't have to be at school till almost lunchtime, so I got to have breakfast with him, and I got some writing done in the morning, so after lunch I got to take an early walk and I saw two of the baby bunnies (one has apparently moved around the cul-de-sac next to ours) and baby chipmunks too! The weather was gorgeous.

I was going to watch X-Men: First Class while folding laundry so I would remember all the details when we go see X-Men: Days of Future Past in a few days. Adam came home asked if I would wait for him since he'd never seen it, and while he was out walking the dog, Paul came home, so we all watched together...mmmmm McFassy, and I love the Wolverine cameo.

Since the movie was so long, we had leftover sausage-and-bean casserole for dinner, then we watched the final episode of Warehouse 13 together. I have never had a deep investment in the show but it has always been very fun and we have never missed an episode, so I will miss it; I am glad it ended on such a good shippy story! Os won, Nats won which is a relief after their 15-inning loss last night. Some Virginia Renfaire pics:
















No comments: