Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Poem for Wednesday and Canal in Summer

I Hide Myself Within My Flower
By Emily Dickinson

I hide myself within my flower,
That wearing on your breast,
You, unsuspecting, wear me too --
And angels know the rest.

I hide myself within my flower,
That, fading from your vase,
You, unsuspecting, feel for me
Almost a loneliness.

--------

Another quickie because Adam got home around midnight and is telling us about his day and we are watching the London fire in horror. My day was not terribly exciting: orthopedist in the morning, who told me to continue physical therapy as he doesn't see any reason to try cortisone shots when it's not like I need this resolved immediately (he saw me at my worst since I'd just been sitting in traffic on Connecticut Avenue with my foot on the brake, one of the most painful things for me right now).

I took a walk in the neighborhood just as the Pokemon Solstice event started, though I didn't realize it at the time, so I caught enough Cyndaquils to evolve a Typhlosion, whoo! I also took a trip to CVS for some necessities and did a bunch of chores. We had leftover Indian food for dinner and watched Genius, which is both brilliant and distressing. Here are some animal photos from the C&O Canal last week:

17jucn11

17jucn8

17jucn9

17jucn10

17jucn5

17jucn7

17jucn12

17jucn6

No comments: