Wednesday, June 07, 2017

Poem for Wednesday and Meadowside Nature Center

I Met A Genius
By Charles Bukowski

I met a genius on the train
today
about 6 years old,
he sat beside me
and as the train
ran down along the coast
we came to the ocean
and then he looked at me
and said,
it's not pretty.

it was the first time I'd
realized
that.

--------

Paul starts his new job next week and we have various appointments between now and then, so after lunch we drove out to Roots Market in Olney after a walk along Rock Creek at Meadowside Nature Center. It was a gorgeous not-too-hot day and we saw woodpeckers, geese, and various other wild animals as well as the injured raptors and non-releasable snakes and turtles that livee in the nature center, plus we got vegan whoopie pies, pepper steak, and butterbeer at Roots!

17mdsju2

17mdsju3

17mdsju1

17mdsju6

17mdsju4

17mdsju8

17mdsju7

17mdsju5

We picked up Adam and ate butternut squash ravioli and vegan meatballs (also from Roots) for dinner, then we all watched Genius (no sympathy, Elsa, and I'm glad to see Geoffrey Rush though Johnny Flynn was terrific) and Sunday's Last Week Tonight (John Oliver tears into both the "Britain is reeling" and "the climate accords are bad for American business" reports). Early tomorrow I have my delightful annual lady parts checkup, then I get the rest of my peppermint whoopie pie!

No comments: