Thursday, December 05, 2002

Poem for Snowy Thursday

The Hunters in the Snow
by William Carlos Williams


The over-all picture is winter
icy mountains
in the background the return

from the hunt it is toward evening
from the left
sturdy hunters lead in

their pack the inn-sign
hanging from
a broken hinge is a stag a crucifix

between his antlers the cold
inn yard
is deserted but for a huge bonfire

that flares wind-driven it is tended by
women who cluster
about it to the right beyond

the hill is a pattern of skaters
Brueghel the painter
concerned with it all has chosen

a winter-struck bush for his
foreground to
complete the picture.

* * * * * * * *

Beautiful white white world out there. Still coming down pretty hard too. I am so frustrated my throat is so sore and I should probably forego sledding...

Walking Sex Vampire
What type of vampire are you?

brought to you by Quizilla


Did anyone tape Viggo and Elijah on Charlie Rose? Would anyone be willing to trade tape-of-tape for anything I might have? Please please write to me if so!

LOTR Fans! Go Read Today's Foxtrot!
Santa's elves and the Council of Elrond. The Top 5 Sex list, Pick-Up Lines Used By Elves, had this:
2> "Love me tender, love me sweet... See, I *am* Elvish!"

asshole
What swear word are you?

brought to you by Quizilla


Snicked from , another survey!



Your favorite myth: Miriam singing and dancing her way through the Red Sea
Your favorite god/dess: Shekhinah
Your favorite serial killer: The Catholic Church
Your favorite bodily organ: The clitoris, of course
Your favorite body part: Eyes
Your favorite author: Janette Turner Hospital
Your favorite obsession: In terms of longevity, Star Trek; currently, Lord of the Rings
Your favorite number: 11
Your favorite excuse: I can't answer this question, as I have to go deal with my kids
Your favorite emotion: Anticipation
Your favorite drug: Chocolate
Your favorite drink: Virgin Pina Colada
Your favorite place: By the seashore
Your favorite unattainable object: The Holy Grail
Your favorite regret: Not keeping in touch with people I really miss
Your favorite thing to hate: People who think they know what God wants for the world and try to impose it on the rest of us
Your favorite paranoia: I didn't do something that I really needed to do or call someone I really needed to call
Your favorite way to die: Direct ascension to the afterlife
Your favorite insecurity: That I'm wasting too much time doing surveys and taking quizzes
Your new favorite favorite: LiveJournal, which I'm still pretty new to
Your favorite frustration: Not enough hours in the day

No comments: