Tuesday, June 09, 2015

Greetings from Home

Monday was a travel day, starting insanely early so we could get gas for the rental car and be at the airport as close to 6 a.m. as possible. We got bagels for breakfast, then read and dozed on the plane (I watched some of the Branagh Cinderella over the shoulder of the little girl in front of me -- the film looked gorgeous, and since I couldn't hear any dialogue, I rooted for Cate Blanchett).

The flight had a few minutes of miserable turbulence flying over a thunderstorm, and we arrived at Dulles in miserable humidity that was quickly followed by storms and tornado watches, plus of course we hit rush hour traffic, but we made it home to have spaghetti with Adam, discuss whether a super-computer could be smarter than God, and reassure ourselves that our cats had not pined for us.











I forgot to mention last night's Tony Awards -- I am delighted for Helen Mirren and Christian Borle, but my favorite moment was Alan Cumming claiming he slept with Bradley Cooper, at which Kristin Chenoweth pretended to get mad since she was working so hard to shoot down the gay rumors. Tonight we watched Thanks for Sharing, which is heavy-handed and doesn't have great dialogue but it has Mark Ruffalo!

No comments: