Sunday, January 12, 2025

Greetings from the Navy Yard

Our Sunday started with a group brunch at the hotel at which a lot of people came and went as their travel plans allowed -- Adam, Haley, Daniel and Cahaya, my parents, Haley's parents, sisters, and other relatives, several friends -- then many farewells, though a few friends came to visit while others headed out. I know I need to post lots more photos from the wedding yesterday, but I got to spend Sunday afternoon with the bride and groom along with two longtime friends at the USS Constitution and the Charlestown Navy Yard, and I wanted to share a few photos of that!

2025-01-12 14.48.23

2025-01-12 14.08.10

2025-01-12 14.27.12

2025-01-12 14.19.36

2025-01-12 14.45.09

2025-01-12 15.27.04

2025-01-12 15.41.29 

Adam and Haley drove to her parents' in the late afternoon to retrieve Pepper. The rest of us went to Dunkin for hot chocolate after the ship tour, visited the museum shop for souvenirs, and eventually came back to the hotel, where we ordered Area 4 pizza for dinner. Maddy came to join us for food and to say goodbye because she is flying out early tomorrow, back into the L.A. area which has a curfew because of the fires. My Boston-area friend also headed home and Cheryl and I watched The Mayfair Witches together before Paul and I watched the Commanders beat Bucs!

No comments: